How To Jazz Up Boring Cocktail Glasses With Adhesive Vinyl
No cocktail party is complete without a set of fun cocktail glasses and a delicious cocktail recipe, right? Not only am I sharing both of those with you today, but I’m also going to show you how easy it is to customize paper coasters using heat transfer vinyl. First up, how to create your own set of holiday cocktail glasses using adhesive vinyl and Cricut.
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
- Cocktail Glasses
- Craftables Adhesive Vinyl in gold
- Craftables Glitter Adhesive in red and green
- Craftables Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Scraper Tool
- Cutting Mat
- Cricut Maker or similar machine
Step One: To get started, place the gold vinyl on the cutting mat with the gold side facing up. Load the cutting mat into your machine and press start to begin cutting.
Step Two: After the cutting is complete, peel away the excess vinyl and use a weeding tool to remove the smaller pieces from inside the letters.
Step Three: Apply a piece of transfer tape over the vinyl design using a scraper tool.
Step Four: Center the design on the cocktail glass and use the scraper tool again to burnish over the design, adhering it to the glass.
Step Five: Peel away the transfer tape, leaving behind just the vinyl decal. If you have any letters that want to lift, just press the transfer tape back down and burnish over it again.
You could totally stop here, I love the simplicity of the gold wording but I wanted to make them a little more festive for the holidays so I added some tiny holly leaf details.
Step Six: Cut the holly leaves out of the green glitter vinyl and the berries out of the red.
Step Seven: Use a small piece of transfer tape to layer the berries on top of the holly leaves.
Step Eight: Apply two layered holly leaf designs on either side of the A.
Step Nine: Peel away the transfer tape and tadaa! Super cute, super festive cocktail glasses!
Now you can fill your new glasses up with ice and pour everyone a fun cocktail! Keep reading for the recipe.
Holly Jolly Cocktails
- 1 Bottle Of Rosé
- 1 2L Bottle Of Cherry 7-Up
- Splash Of Cranberry Juice For Color
- Cranberries Or Limes To Garnish
Directions: Fill a pitcher with ice and pour in the bottle of rosé and the bottle of cherry 7-up, add a couple of splashes of cranberry juice for color and pour into ice filled cocktail glasses. Garnish with cranberries or slices of lime.
Easy Customized Coasters
Project Time: 10 mins
- Craftables Smooth HTV
- Paper Coasters (I got a 100 pack from Amazon)
- Weeding Tool
- Teflon Sheet
- Iron or Heat Press
(1) Set up and scale the designs you’re using. The coasters I got are 4 inches by 4 inches so I set my designs to be 4 inches in length. Place the HTV on the cutting mat shiny side down, load the mat into the machine and begin cutting.
(2) Cut the designs away from the sheet of HTV, remove the excess vinyl from around them and then use the weeding tool to remove the smaller pieces.
(3) Place the weeded designs on the coasters.
(4) Cover the designs with a teflon sheet and press for 15-20 seconds with an iron or heat press.
(5) Let everything cool before removing the clear transfer sheet.
It’s as simple as that! In less than ten minutes you can customize coasters for any occasion.
Don’t let the fun stop here, check out some of our other holiday posts below or head over to our Christmas Pinterest board for even more ideas!